How VPIS Works
- The Veterinary Poisons Information Service is a 24-hour telephone emergency service providing information on the management of poisoning in animals. VPIS can provide advice on the effects of thousands of toxic substances in small animals, livestock, exotics, or wildlife.
- VPIS is a members only service.If you call without a membership you will be charged and no further calls will be accepted until a membership is in place. You can take out membership at the time of your call.
- We use a credit system. One credit is charged for all in hour calls. Two credits are charged for all out of hour calls (This is reduced to 1.5 credits if you join our annual membership).
- Out of hour charges apply (8pm – 8am weekdays and all weekend/Bank Holidays)
Becoming a member of VPIS
Use one of these simple methods to join our membership:
- Purchase an annual membership online (see below) OR complete a direct debit form and return it to the address below
- Sign into your account to purchase Auto Top Up Membership
- Call our admin team on 0207 305 5055 (option 2)
- Email us at email@example.com
- Fill in a and we will contact you to arrange your membership
The majority of our members are on annual membership. These are based on the number of poisons cases you expect to call us about over the course of a year. You can call us or login online to see all your previous calls.
Auto Top-Up Membership
This membership is aimed at practices who may not use us every year but wish to be members of VPIS so that they can access our services if needed.
With this system you purchase two credits using your credit card via our website and once these have been used (or expire after a year) they will automatically top-up with a further 2 credits using the registered credit card.
PLEASE NOTE: One credit is taken for calls made to VPIS in-hours (8am – 8pm weekdays) and two credits are taken for any calls received out of hours (all other times). Credits will expire after one year if not used.
Please click on the ‘Forgotten password’ link and enter your email address and username. You will then receive an email with a new temporary password. Once logged in, you should change your password by going to your ‘Change Your Settings’.
Your certificate can only be accessed through your online account. Once logged in, it can be found under the ‘Practices and Certificates’ tab as a PDF file. It will automatically update to today’s date and can be downloaded at any time as long as your subscription is current and active (for Pay-as-you-Go users, this means you must have at least 1 credit on your account).
If your account has been locked following too many failed login attempts, please contact us on +44 (0) 207 188 3314 or firstname.lastname@example.org