The Congress of the European Association of Poison Centres and Clinical Toxicologists (EAPCCT) was virtual this year and we presented three posters. The abstracts for the congress are available to view online.
Our abstracts are:
- When does xylitol-induced hypoglycaemia occur in dogs?
- The effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on call numbers to the Veterinary Poisons Information Service (VPIS) and Animal PoisonLine (APL).
- The effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on animal poisons cases reported to the Veterinary Poisons Information Service (VPIS) and Animal PoisonLine (APL).
Other veterinary abstracts which may also be of interest are:
- The successful treatment of thallium sulfate toxicity in a dog using Prussian blue
- A case series of hypothermic, sedated cats with sensory-induced CNS excitation: alphachloralose poisoning?
- Role of decontamination in dogs poisoned by alphachloralose-based rodenticides: a case series.
- “Curiosity killed the cat”: cats poisoned by alphachloralose containing rodenticides.